- About Sagnagrunnur: A geographically mapped database of Icelandic folk legends
- Legends (in Icelandic)
- Andrew James Symington 1862: Pen and pencil sketches of Faröe and Iceland. With an appendix containing translations from the Icelandic. London: Longman, and Roberts. Ólafur Pálsson translated.
- Jón Árnason 1864: Icelandic Legends. I. George E. J. Powell and Eiríkur Magnússon translated. London: Richard Bentley. (Preface & Table of contents)
- Jón Árnason 1866: Icelandic Legends. II. George E. J. Powell and Eiríkur Magnússon translated. London: Richard Bentley. (Preface)
- Jón Árnason 1987: Icelandic folk and fairy tales. Selected and translated with foreword and notes by May and Hallberg Hallmundsson; illustrations by Kjartan Gudjónsson. Reykjavik: Iceland Review.